For some parents, the definition of a name is just as important as the sound. Music is universal and names with musical definitions make great choices for your little ones. Musical names come from many countries and heritages. They have simple and creative spellings and various sound options. Let's take a look at the great name options that have musical definitions.
(1) Shira: (female) Shira is Hebrew for song. I love the sound of Shira!
(2) Apollo: (male) Meaning God of music and poetry, this Greek name is a strong choice for a baby boy.
(3) Ranit: (male or female) Hebrew for song, Ranit is a great choice for a little boy or girl.
(4) Nazim: (male) Nazim is Indian for song and has a great sound. Naz is a great nickname as well.
(5) Alahya: (female) This Indian name means musical tone or color. It's so beautiful and I love the spelling.
(6) Lirit: (female) This Hebrew name means lyrical and has a great simple sound. It's like a better Merrit.
(7) Dewon: (male) Dewon is Irish for song and fits right into the popular sound for boys names today.
(8) Melody: (female) Melody is of Greek origin and is a wonderful choice. The melody is the most important part of a song!
(9) Roni: (male or female) Hebrew for song, Roni could work on a little boy or girl.
(10) Saron: (male or female) Meaning his song in Hebrew, Saron has a wonderful sound to it.
(11) Aria: (female) This English name means gentle music. It's more of an obvious choice musically speaking, but still beautiful.
(12) Philomela: (female) This Greek name means lover of music. It is a bit of a mouthful, but fits right in with Gabriella or Isabella.
(13) Leron: (male) The Arabic meaning of Leron means the song is mine. It's a wonderful definition for your child and has a great, modern sound.
(14) Sora: (female) Sora is Native American for chirping songbird. It's a softer Zora and has such a pretty sound.
(15) Brage: (male) This is the Norwegian name for the god of music. It has a really cool sound.
(16) Rina: (female) Rina is Hebrew for joyous song. It's beautiful and is a great choice for parents who don't like nicknames.
(17) Alima: (female) Alima is an Arabic name that means learned in dance or music. It has a simple spelling and a pretty sound to it.
(18) Lark: (male or female) The American meaning of Lark is songbird. I think it could work on a boy or girl.
(19) Ranim: (male or female) Arabic for reciting in a sing song voice, Ranim is a wonderful choice for your baby boy or girl.
(20) Cadence: (female) This American name means musical beat. It another choice that is a bit more obvious, but has such a great sound and energy to it.
(21) Philyra: (female) Like Philomela, Philyra means lover of music. It is a simpler spelling, so much more relate-able for modern parents.
(22) Chantal: (female) From the French verb to sing, Chantal is a beautiful name with many alternate spelling choices.
(23) Binali: (female) With the cute nickname Nali, the Hindi name Binali is a beautiful choice. It means musical instrument.
(24) Piper: (male or female) Piper literally means a flute player. It's gender bending, so you can consider it for your baby boy or girl.
(25) Lyric: (female) Lyric is Greek for melodic word. While it is obvious, I love this name!
(26) Aika: (male or female) Aika means love song in Japanese. It has such a great definition and a very unique sound.
(27) Ruana: (female) This Hindi name means musical instrument and the nickname Ru is absolutely adorable.
(28) Musetta: (female) Musetta is French for a song. It is a really pretty name and frilly as well. I like Muse and Etta as nicknames.
(29) Bethany: (female) This is a recognizable name that means house of music in Hebrew. It's a great way to honor music and your daughter, without the name being that out there.
(30) Charmaine: (female) In Latin, Charmaine means to sing. It has a pretty sound and is definitely a bold choice.
(31) Harper: (male or female) This name literally means harp player. It's gaining popularity and can be used on a little boy or girl.
(32) Carol: (female) The French meaning of Carol is melody and song. You could also do Carolyn, Caroline, or Carollie.
(33) Daina: (female) Daina means song in Lithuania. It's a cooler spelling then Dana, and is easy to say.
(34) Jaron: (male) Meaning to shout and sing in Hebrew, Jaron is a really cool choice for your baby boy. It is much cooler than Jayden!
(35) Gita: (female) Gita is Hindi for song and has such a cute energy and sound.
(36) Kotone: (male) Kotone means harp sound in Japanese. I really like the cool sound to this name. It's very strong.
(37) Mavis: (female) This name has a very unique sound, but is super easy to spell. It is the name of a bird that means song thrush.
(38) Carmen: (female) The Latin and Spanish definition of Carmen is song. It's also the name of a beautiful opera.
(39) Riya: (female) Riya means singer in Hindi. It can also be spelled Ria, but I really love it with the "y."
(40) Zamir: (male) Hebrew for songbird, Zamir is an awesome choice for your baby boy. I love Z names, and this is a great way to take a departure from Zachary.
(41) Chyna: (female) Chyna means musical instrument. If you are a music lover who loves place names, this could be your top choice.
(42) Harmony: (female) Another obvious choice, Harmony is a great option for parents who want a recognizable musical choice.
(43) Kousan: (male) In Armenian, Kousan means singer. I really love the sound of this name, and think it should be on any music lovers list of possiblities.
(44) Zimri: (male) Zimri means my music in Hebrew. It has a really cool, unique sound and would make a great choice!
(45) Calliope: (female) Meaning beautiful voice in Greek, Calliope has such a cool sound and a great nickname in Calli.